Friday, February 7, 2014

Dorothy

It was my job to provide devotions this morning for the Lutheran Services in America Disabilities Network. We talked about vision, Proverbs 29:18, and gifts, Corinthians and Timothy. I used a picture of Cheryl on her pottery wheel to demonstrate vision, and a picture of our grandchildren to demonstrate gifts. Lutheran social ministry has a vision to serve God and serve those in need. We do that with and through gifts. Dorothy is a gift to me. She works at our Trinity Living Center, in the same building I work it. She comes by the office once in a while to check on me, or we meet in the parking lot. She expresses genuine concern for me, worries about me, and thanks me for all I do. Dorothy inspires me to work harder to provide for those we serve, for her, and for all of our teammates. What a gift! Lutheran Services Carolinas is full of gifts like Dorothy. Who and what are your gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment