Monday, June 15, 2015

Lutheran Services Carolinas and the Rowan County Chamber of Commerce

I have been asked a couple of times recently why Lutheran Services Carolinas and I are involved in the Rowan County Chamber of Commerce. We’ve been very active and I serve on the Chamber Board, but I was sort of stunned by the question. It’s sort of like someone asking me why I breathe air. But I guess I should develop a good answer.

Lutheran Services Carolinas and I are members of this community. Like any other membership, we should be all in or not be involved. The Chamber is a business advocacy organization, promoting more and better business across the entire county. LSC is a $115 million ministry/nonprofit/business headquartered in Rowan County, and we employ almost 350 people just right here in Rowan. A good, strong community is important to us and we are important to our community. I can’t imagine living and working in Rowan County and not being a part of the very fabric of the community.

Being part of the community is reward and reason enough to be a member, but we do get many other benefits: networking, education, advocacy, and advertising. Leadership Rowan is reason enough alone. The professional development and relationships are worth the reasonable cost. The benefits make Lutheran Services Carolinas a stronger, more successful organization aiming for a bright future. The future would be much less bright without the partnership of our Chamber’s over 850 fellow members.

Next time someone asks me why the Chamber, I’ll be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment